Turkey day business
I received a package today from my old coworker – it was 4 bags of candy cane hershey’s kisses. Who would ever think to get something like that as a gift? Someone who knows me just too well. But that brings me to today’s topic: with Thanksgiving fast-approaching, what are you thankful for this year? I thought about this while I was packing (ok, fine, “packing” – we all know I will continue to be up well into the wee hours, even though if I focused for 30 minutes I would be done). All the things I thought about came back to one thing though, and that was people who care. So prepare yourselves, friends! I am about to be MUSHY.
Ok, using caps to type “mushy” used up my mushiness for the evening. Sigh.
Anyway, today was a wonderful day because I heard from 3 of my closest former coworkers: the aforementioned one with the candy cane hershey’s, another who came to visit and have lunch, and finally the last who shared photos of her 1-week-old son. Dealing with changes continues to be a struggle for me, but they reminded me that though they’re no longer physically around, they’re still my friends. Just like my chumnoses remind me whenever we see each other 🙂 Ok, that was mushier than it sounded in my head.
So I think that wraps up the big non-food business that Turkey Day is about. It’s important stuff, so don’t forget what you’re thankful for! And onto other things – notice anything different about us? WE ARE OFFICIALLY CHUMS’ KITCHEN!!!! YAY! I’m excited about this new look. More renovations to beautify our “kitchen” are to come 🙂 To end, a Thanksgiving pre-gaming version of what-I-ate:
- plain bagel (I love Costco bagels! so cheap and satisfying!) with Trader Joe’s pumpkin butter (my new favorite thing – apparently it’s seasonal so I must stock up!) and cream cheese
- a few cough drops (a bit of a sore throat)
- orangey-spiced tea with honey (my thermos kept it warm until tonight! when I continued to drink it with dinner. Thermos is amazing)
- Bertucci’s chicken piccata (while catching up with coworkers, both current and previous)
- Bertucci’s rolls (they’re so warm and yummy…)
- apple cider caramel (Letei and I made a batch this weekend and forgot to post about it…they’re delicious though! I only ate one today…such an improvement from the 20-30 pieces I ate on Sunday)
- handful of flavor-blasted goldfish
- candy cane hershey kiss
- 4-5 lychee gummies
Can I just say, those lychee gummies are delicious. I just finished the first packet from Big Chum and am so tempted to eat the second packet. I am exercising self-control, which apparently is a common problem for city-dwellers. Aren’t you proud of my self-control? Yes! HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!